Thursday, February 14, 2013

   Happy Valentines day! I'm not sure about you, but for me this day has never been a big deal. Except we get chocolate (usually) which I appreciate immensely. Mum is always Dad's valentine and the rest of us just have to sit tight and deal. Chocolate is a comfort...who really needs valentines when you have chocolate? ;P Just kidding. Well, this year we have collaborated some valentine poems to give to no one.  I thought you might like to read them.  We can be mushy, I guess. It is permitted and called for today...even if you don't have an actual valentine.

                                                     A poem for one whose love is far away:
Love, I feel so empty when you're not around
To you, my dear, my heart is bound
Memories don't comfort me
I can hardly wait 'till you I see
Oh, Darling, I need you now
By Sophie
I am yours,and you are mine
I feel strange saying this to a Pine.
By Sophie (this poem needs explanation. But you aren't going to get it.  Some of you will understand, though. Email me if you want an explanation. It is rather entertaining.)
Dogs bark and frogs croak
I am yours and you are my Oak.
By Sophie  (this one has the same explanation as the previous one)
Green is the rain
Pink is your cow
I'm color blind
And I can't rhyme
by some of us from Lifesmarts. We know who we are.
Birds can sing
they also fly
I am your girl
and you are my guy
By mostly Maddie
Roses are red
Violets are blue
vacuums don't work
and neither do you
by some of us at Lifesmarts again
There are more, but I don't feel like typing them all out. I'm afraid we aren't very good poets.


Here. If this could be put into a valentine poem, it is what I would want to say.

 

 I love this. I very much do. It is exactly how I think of it! ;P I'm sorry it's a little off centered. It won't move, I asked it already. It said no. Leave it to Doctor Suess to make a big impression.;P

So yesterday, Soph and I made a few videos to put on the blog. I am not on the right computer to where I can upload them, though. So someday I will do a video post...that will be embarrassing and entertaining.

Maybe, by the end of the day there will be some valentine related pictures that I will post on a later date.

Today is the day of love. Love from darlings, love from family, love from friends.
Love from God.
That is the most important part of today! Remembering God's love for us. We all are miserable, hateful wretches at heart, but God chose to save us out of our depravity and call us sons and daughters.I am very thankful for God's love for me. Because He loves me, I can love Him. Because I love Him, I can love others.  I pray that the Lord would increase my love everyday. I know that I do not love as i should.  When I am not having a loving attitude, then obviously, I have lost sight of the forgiveness that Christ has bestowed upon me.  I pray those instances will decrease in my life.

So today while you are giving sweet little declarations of feelings written on hearts, eating chocolate, hugging everyone, kissing everyone, eating more chocolate, etc., remember our God who IS love.

P.S- happy birthday to Annie and to Elley.

Love,
Madeleine <3




10 comments:

  1. Happy Valentines Day!!! I love your poems. They are very creative and sweet:) Today is definitely a day to tell everyone you love that you love them. So I love you Maddie. You are wonderful friend.I also like your doctor Suess quote. :) Maybe that is why we get along so well.:)
    "We love because HE first loved us." 1 John 4:19

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Em! You are a magnificent friend and I will love you always. Oh good, I'm glad you liked it. I thought about some of us when I posted that;)

      Delete
  2. (This is Sophie) Maddie forgot one of mine, so I'll write it myself. :)
    You are such a good friend of mine,
    So I think that it's about time.
    I hope it's okay
    just for today,
    Will you be my Valentine?
    I wish I could give it to someone, but alas......I Don't have anyone. :( haha, well I'm not sure i really want one either, so I'm alright.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soph: That is so perfect. "just for today" for a friend. I think it's cute.

      Delete
  3. Sophie, that is my favorite of all the poems y'all wrote. Maybe when I have a friend to be my valentine I will give that to them.:)
    Also I need your poetic genius to help me because i have to write a poem for school and i have no poetic instincts what so ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well tell me when you find your "just for the day valentine" person. So I can spy on you as you give it to them. haha just kidding Em.

      Delete
  4. (this is Emma)
    She also forgot mine which I'm sure you've heard Emilie, from your sis...the taller one.
    "I missed you today
    Cause you weren't here
    I tried to be happy
    But shed a lone tear"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww...that isn't quite a valentine, but it is sweet. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  5. Happy WAY belated V-day miss maddie! I would put some really nice Valentines poem in here… but I can't think of any so, yeah… enter what you would like ;P. oh, and I like the dr. Seuss quote, very funny :D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! A WAY belated V-day to you also, Morgan sir! Haha, yeah I would tell you one in honor of the day too, but I can't think of any either. You will have to just pretend.;P Isn't it great?? I love it! :)Thanks for commenting, Sir!!

    ReplyDelete