Friday, February 1, 2013

SuPeR bOwL!!!!!

    (Pre-post because this has nothing much to do with anything from previous blog posts or this one. So my Papa and Helen came to visit and we all had a really good time. I have pictures that I will post someday when they get put onto this computer. It was really nice to get to know Helen more. I hadn't seen her or Papa since the wedding. I was pretty nervous about seeing her again...not sure what to expect because I had hardly even met her. But she is a really wonderful lady and she loves us and she loves God and she is happy with Papa and he is happy with her.I am thankful that God worked everything out, though we will always miss Nana incredibly. I am glad to have Helen in the family and we all love her very much. God has willed her into our family for His good and our good and I am thankful for that. I hope we will be a blessing to Helen and Papa and they to us as well.
   Hello! Alright, sorry I haven't posted in a long time...pictures don't count as much of a post. You won't be getting any for a while maybe...because we haven't taken any since December I don't think. My family was giving me a hard time about the fact that I put myself in any of the pictures...because I hate being in pictures. I felt I owed it to you for the lack of pictures in general..plus I happen to be attached to some cute pictures of my siblings...isn't that a bummer? Anyway, then I felt bad about it, thus the post that got accidentally posted, then deleted. I'm one for drama, I suppose...I care too much about what people think so I freak out wondering if I did anything wrong.  Push me in a lake if I ever do that again...because I am too dramatic. Yep. Alright, this is unnecessary to discuss. On to a more important topic.....
THE SUPER BOWL
Certain members of my family including myself make a big deal of the game. Really it is the best part of February unless you have a Valentine to do stuff for and ham it up with mush...some people..psh. (Just kidding!!)  Here are some simple reasons why we love the super bowl:
-Food(I put this first, I know..) Wings and chips and junk...what more could one want???
-Friends and family. This is not a time to sit quietly with hands folded and eat daintily..so we hang out with the people who won't be alarmed when we sing along with the commercials and yell at the players and get wings all over our faces and spill water cups.
-Football.(!!!!!) I don't know everything technical about it, but I really do love football watching...more of the sounds of football and the sounds that people make when they watch it.  They are sounds of carefree and fellowship and playful competitiveness.
    Alright now.....so this year, none of my teams are playing(errrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!)(P.S you don't get to know my teams..tiz a secret;) Except that a couple of my teams are my favorite simply because I love the Mannings.), so I am not sure who to root for. I don't extremely care. I guess I would rather the 49ers win because they are California..I guess once my teams are out, I just focus on the food and friends and sounds of football rather than the actual game. So...I am wondering...who should I root for? . If you all don't chip in, I will just go for Cali. K? Anyone object? Oh boy what am I getting into. Perhaps none of you are big football fans...haha..just thought I'd ask.
This is old and not irrelevant to Super Bowl, but I don't care:) This is church camp in Wawona 2009.  Several of my favorite memories come from church camps, and if your church isn't small enough to do these...then I pity you. It is such a wonderful time. Dirt, fellowship, dirt, friends, dirt, campfire, singing, dirt, water, dirt, and more fellowship. What more could you want???? Fellowship in the dirt is hard to beat. Just sayin';)

                                                  

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE football too, maddie. ( I know you already knew that) None of my teams made it either. :( YOu should root for the 49ers simply because they are from CA and then CA would have won the worlds series and the Super Bowl. Unfortunately this year we wont be able to see the Super Bowl because we are meeting down at KCCA. I really liked what we did last year!! We combined all your favorite things and threw in a game of flag football. :)
    Oh and where on earth did you get that picture? WOuld you send a copy to me? I love church camps and I especially loved them when you came. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha oh well darn!!! Church at the KCCA would be good, but you miss the super bowl!!! I guess if you don't usually watch football a ton, then it isn't as important of an occasion. I have a ton of old church camp pics...from the first one to the last one we were at. I can send you any you want. oh, wlel thank you. I have every intention of coming to CCBC camp this year, so just keep me updated.

      Delete
  2. Hahah wow Em, sounds like you should just stay home and watch the super bowl then , since your looking so forward to coming to church ;)lol jk....

    Defiantly go for the 49ers.... even though that team is just... weeeelll... nvm, I just don't like them all that much! :p But then again, It is a CA team :O
    Whoa! that picture must have been taking forever ago!??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no, I am looking forward to meeting with y'all.:) Besides I couldn't watch it here anyway because we dont have cable.

      Delete
    2. haha... okay :D

      Delete
    3. We are not missing church for super bowl, btw...that would be intolerable..especially since dad is the pastor! Yikes! What a reaction we would get! It is called "record". haha. Yes, Jeremy, I will go for the 49ers. I don't love them either...but,since the lovely Mannings and the others are out of the picture...I will have to just chill. Yep that is a pretty old picture..I have older. Someday I will post a ton of REALLY old church camp pics...like when Chase was 9 or 10(that is how I remember how old everyone was, by however old the oldest kid was at the time).

      Delete
    4. Haha Yeeeaaah... I was just kidding :D Mannings??? really Maddie!!! wow.. lol.

      Delete
  3. I always put food first Maddie!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, good;) Come on over and we will feed you a ton of it...Gindorf style.;) Scary.

      Delete
  4. Fun times, eh? We loved having you Gindys over for foodImeanFootball!
    BTW: all you Californians/Maddie's friends are welcome to head over to my Blog and check it out! you can just click on my name and it should come up. Not that I am trying to be pushy or anything(although I am capable) but you all sound like fun and I want to get know you.
    RADagast

    ReplyDelete