Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Overdue post!!

   Hello!  I haven't posted a single thing since I created this blog(the intro did not count).  There are a few reasons for this (including the fact that our internet was down for a while), but I won't list them.
 
  My mom found this on Facebook.
                                                                    
The Hokey Pokey Shaksperian Style:

O proud left foot, that ventures quick within

Then soon upon a backward journey lithe.

Anon, once more the gesture, then begin:

Command sinistral pedestal to writhe

Commence thou then the fervid Hokey-Poke.

A mad gyration, hips in wanton swirl.

To spin! A wilde release from heaven’s yoke.

Blessed dervish! Surely canst go, girl.

The Hoke, the poke—banish now thy doubt

Verily, I say, ‘tis what it’s all about.


Very amusing. 


I promise to post something of more substance when I get the chance.   Right now I just need to get something down, lest this site rot from lack of use! 


~Madeleine


3 comments:

  1. haha. that's awesome. even though it doesn't really make sense. (does anything Shakespeare said make sense, though?)

    <3

    tara cm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that funny? Well, it does make sense if you look up the words and if you are familiar with Shakespearian phrasing...which wouldn't be true for most people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not think I understood one word of that except for your mom finding it on Facebook. Very funny nonetheless. I am glad you finally posted something though.

    ReplyDelete