Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Church Camp Part One:

   Hello All! Yesterday our family returned from a wonderful weekend of camping with our church family.  It was a great time. I got to strengthen my relationships with those I had not know very well prior to camp.  We had ping pong competitions(I didn't get to play because of the constant line!), chili cook-offs (I won!), Ultimate Frisbee in a dried up lake bed, hay rides graciously provided by a family in our church, rich teaching times, singing, discussions, card games, and lots more! Every night a group of us girls slept under the stars and every morning I awoke with a sunburn.  It was rather entertaining. The theme for our weekend was Unity. What stood out the most to me as I thought about it was unity in creation.  See for a few weeks the cicadas have been a focus of my thought. I often find myself wanting to sing along in their chorus of clicks. I don't know why, but that is what I wanted. Well, actually it isn't too odd for me to think of something like that. I constantly am observing things in God's creation that stike me with wonder...the cicadas were one of them.Well, my grandpa Gindorf metioned during one of the times of testimony this weekend that they are singing in unity to their Creator...then it all clicked. Maybe the fact that the cicadas are perfectly unified and free to sing lovely clicking songs to God for us to observe and enjoy was the cause of my want to join them. At any rate it encouraged me to keep an eye out for unified things in nature and strive to follow the example in my life so that I am working to mantain peace in everything. I also thought of Chemistry. Now if you know me you will know that Chemistry wasn't my favorite subject in school this year. No it wasn't. I actually tried not to like it at one point(don't ever do this)because it had confusing math in it. However, I did enjoy learning how marvelous and perfect God has fit everything together in this world. So this weekend has caused my eyes to be sharpened to see examples of unity in Creation and recognize that God is to be given the glory for it all. Well, I have more to say, but I must go!

2 comments:

  1. CHurch camp was awesome! a little more laid back this than other years, but so much fun!
    I like you profile pict BTW.
    RAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it was great..I needed that laid back time...:) Which pic? The one of me jumping? Yeah we took that one with the Carseys last year when we went to go see the sunset around the snowbowl/aspen area..:)

    ReplyDelete