Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Happy Christmas to You!!!

   Well due to lack of hours in the day, I haven't posted for a long while.  The days this month were placed in a tornado...then I was tossed in it.  Now it is Christmas EVE! Where has the time gone? I'm sure I don't know.

  ALRIGHT. Now it is Christmas day. Merry Christmas! The reason I didn't finish this yesterday was because a dark blustery snow storm hit.  So I grabbed my notebook, iPod, and A Christmas Carol.  I announced to however was listening in the house that I was "off to go adventuring and I may come back, but in case not Sophie knows what of my belongings are willed to who". I tramped out into the wind and happily set our for my thinking place that I shall not tell you about...it is my own.  I got in the very first set of footprints in the new snow...even though it was still falling. I was freezing(especially my HANDS!!Ah!;)) and full of Christmas cheer.  My book and I got very wet. Then I decided that we were getting a little too wet so I walked around our neighborhood circle. Then Sophie called to tell me that we were off to the Dingman's. I had forgotten about this..so I ran the rest of the way in my giant heavy boots, books stuffed in my jacket.  So I hopped into the car and we were off. We had a lovely evening. Many thanks to Mrs. Dingman who let me have some of her Christmas beans that I adore. ;) We got home and watched the Nativity Story..which is a must. My favorite tradition. Alright, that is my account of Christmas Eve. Except I also made baklava earlier yesterday.  It turned out better than I thought, though it wasn't perfect and it was time consuming. I brought some down to the Shute home..and that is when the snow/hail/whatever that white stuff was that hurt my face started to fall. I got to drive up the hill back to our house for the first time in snow! It was terrible! I slid everywhere and I had no idea how to drive on extremely slippery roads...the car did not want to move up the hill...so I sang my "Lord, help me to make it home without having to call my dad" prayer merrily to the tune of whatever was on the radio. I made it home. Ok now I am really done with talking about Christmas Eve.  This is my cheater picture...I didn't take it, but it is pretty accurate of the woods here in the snow.

Today is Christmas. I am wishing you a Merry Christmas, not "Happy Holidays".  I hope we all remember Jesus' birthday.  He was born into this world. God made into flesh. "Eternity kissed time", as Dad said in his Sermon on Sunday. Jesus was born to die and then rise again. I am so thankful for this...what better reason to celebrate???!!!!  There is no better or important occasion to honor than this one. Merry CHRISTmas!!!!!!!!!! 

Have a glorious and happy day filled with fun, family, and remembrance. I will write about my day today later on this week...pictures included. For real.  Here is one of my new favorite Christmas songs...I have too many favorites, but hey I now have NEW favorites..so I'm branching out, right? It is Silent Night/Lord of my Life by Lady Antebellum. Enjoy!



Love,
Madeleine  

7 comments:

  1. Hi Maddie! Merry Christmas to you and your family! Have a blessed day in the Lord! LOVE your snow-white pic! :) Miss you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Maddie!! I wish we had snow here too. Oh well clouds will have to suffice. It sounds like your Christmas has been an adventure. :) I love the picture even if you didn't take it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hanna! Thank you for commenting! It is so good to hear from you. I think of you often and I miss you a lot! Merry Christmas to you!!!! Tell your family we said hello and Happy Christmas!

    Em, Merry Christmas! Well, we are getting more snow tonight and I sure wish you were here to share it with me...and all the adventures that come with it. Adventure is definitely the word!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maddie! I'm glad to hear from you! I miss you and your family, too! :) I wished we had snow here, but we have rain! :( Oh well, I'll be thankful for rain! :P
    I hope you had a great Christmas! :)
    Look forward to seeing you sometime this coming new year! :)
    Love your Sister in Christ Jesus from California! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hanna! I miss you a lot..we used to have so much fun. Rain is wonderful and I hope you enjoy it! We did have a great Christmas, thank you! Did you? Hopefully Spring break is when we will visit. I would love to see you! Do you have an email? Love to you in Christ also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maddie! Yes...We had a great Christmas! But when you have family members that don't know Christ...It seems empty or busy...Because they don't really sit with you. :( But we had fun! :)
      I'd LOVE to see you all, too! ;) Yes...I do have an email! ;) I'll give it to you right now...It's :
      hanna.morton.1996@gmail.com
      I'm looking forward to seeing you all! :) Love always from California! :)

      Delete
    2. Hey Hanna!

      Oh good! Yes, I know how you feel exactly...that was us when we had our extended family up for Thanksgiving. It is fun, but empty and hard. Yay! I will email you! Thank you! Looking forward to seeing you too! Love to you from Arizona!!! :):) <3

      Delete