Tuesday, September 25, 2012

THE Trip and Other Things.

 


I said I would eventually say a few things about our trip this summer. So that is what I am doing. But first, about lists. I am a list maker. I have a few list making buddies (just in case you thought I was alone), the main one being Haley:). I could make lists alllll day. Lists about the top 5 most amazing songs in the world, lists about my favorite ice cream and where to find it, etc. So, that being said. I am now going to make a list about my thoughts on trips. It isn't going to be a very organized list.

1. I do not love trips. Particularly ones that mean leaving the monsoons.

2. Every time I go on a trip I try to micro-pack. Some times are more successful than others.

2. Always bring Good&Plenty

3. Always have good music to listen to and good books.

4. Visit a chiropractor after all the driving is finish and you are finally home. Having good posture in the car is not possible especially if you have a book or are trying to sleep. It is painful to move afterwards.

5. On our trip I found that Utah's country is lovely. Lots of cows and trees.

6. I do not like anything else in Utah besides the country. The cities are not pleasant in any way.

7. There are a stinking lot of Mormon temples in Utah (duh)...it's really sad. Salt Lake City was a less than desirable place. Full of LDS this and that...all the people looked the same and it was terribly sad how misled they all are and how much they desperately need Christ.

8. I had never been in Utah before

9. I have never been to Idaho either.

10. There are also a lot of Mormons in Idaho.

11. Our good friends the Roughtons live there and we had a great visit with them.

12. I have yet to see a pretty place in Idaho, since we didn't do any tourist wandering.

13. Oregon is so beautiful.

14. I have the best cousins in the whole world. I only got to see 2 of them though...the other two were not present nor was my uncle. I did get to see my Great Papa, though. Which was an immense pleasure. He is full of history and stories of his life.  He is so cool.

15. Don't ever tell your cousin about your bucket list, because he will help you check some stuff off of it. This is good in a way, but...well you will see. We got desperate in Eddie Bauer.

16. We went to my Papa and Helen's wedding. Now I have a ton of new cousins and aunts and uncles.

17. I really don't like trips. Do you know how hard it is to get to sleep in hotel rooms night after night? We stayed at this terrible place called "Roadway Inn"...it was just that bad. I will say no more.

18. Always put sunscreen on at the beach especially if you plan on gluing your eyes to "The Book Thief" for 4 hours. The sun is so brutal. My back and legs got burnt like never before. I will never be that stupid again.

19. Elsie, Oregon is my new favorite destination. The forests are so thick and the little romantic paths wind in and out of them and the cows look so pleased with life.

20. Santa Clarita is....I seriously can't think of one particularly good word for it. Heat has to do a lot with it. Let’s just say I was in tears of anticipation at the thought of being back under a purple cloud in Flag. I did have some good conversations with my cousin though....till 4 am, but who cares!

30. I'm surprised they sell clothes at all in SoCal, as it is way too hot for the wearing of them.

31. Paul Washer has some darn good sermons. I recommend them. I also recommend not listening to Celtic Rock (I’m really not at all sure that this is the genre) music all the time in the car...it makes you insane.

32. I am never leaving Flagstaff. Just kidding, but really I guess it depends on where you go and what the purpose of your trip is. I had some good times on our trip, but overall, I was so relieved to be home. In my corner reading, eating chocolate, running down the street soaked in rain and barefooted and NOT hot and not as sunburned.

 
This video is of my cousin, Jared, and I in Eddie Bauer. On my bucket list was "do a flash mob"...this hardly counts as anything at all besides foolishness , but it is the best we could come up with in 20 seconds.  Why am I sharing this...? This is something cousins do to make memories when they haven't seen eachother in a long time. 
 

This is a typical minute of car riding with the Gindys.  We were on our way back from the beach in Oregon. We are all singing some Celtic Rock type song...loudly...can you hear it?

2 comments:

  1. Oh maddie, you need music help. When you see the words "celtic" and "Rock" ( as a matter of fact, any music put with rock) you must burn it in the fires of Mt. Doom and never speak of it to anyone. Ever.
    On our trip, we got bagpipe rock....
    I will never make that mistake again.
    RAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, oh Rae. It was not my choice TRUST ME...but my family doesn't listen to my type of music anyway..soooo. :) It's just one of those things you ignore...It is really hard to listen to your ipod when they play their corny music so darn loud though. Also it is rather hard to get lost in a book(even The Book Thief) with that obnoxious mix of bagpipes and drums...*shudder*

    ReplyDelete