Friday, September 7, 2012

I Have a Follower.

   Amelia seems to be the main character in my posts these days.  I mean she's a pretty good main character if you ask me.  So recently the entire world is getting engaged...well not the entire world, but about 4 different couple that I know in the past 2 weeks.  So marriage has been on our minds...or at least Amelia's mind.  So here is our conversation yesterday:

Amelia:(comes up and holds my hand) Maddie, I wish you were younger...I really wish you weren't so old.

Me: Well, why is that? It's a good thing. There is a lot of stuff I can do with you since I am older.

Amelia: Well you are going to college and you won't be with me!

Me: I'm not going to college.

Amelia: Really? Cool...that's good. Uh, so how long exactly are you going to live here(our home) for?

Me: Until I get married.

Amelia: When is that?

Me: I really don't know. You will be older then, though. Maybe 12.

Amelia: Well, you and I are living together when you are married even. I will follow you forever.

Me: You can't do that, silly...you will be older, like I said, and you won't want to do that by the time that day rolls around.

Amelia: Too bad, I'm coming anyway. How old will I be? 11?

Me:Perhaps.

Amelia: 12?

Me: Could be.

Amelia: 13?

Me: I'm not certain.

Amelia:14?

Me: It is possible.

Amelia: 15?

Me: We'll find out eventually.

Amelia: 16?

Me: Amelia Jane, I just do not know.

Amelia: 17? Wait...that couldn't be right...you are 17...I mean isn't there an age limit?  Like if you get too old?

Me: No, just one on how young you can be..which is 18 I think.

Amelia: Well that's not happening...

Me: No, most likely not because I'll be 18 next year.

Amelia: Well I'm still going to follow you however old we are. WAIT! What about our big journey and vacation we are going to go on when we turn 10 and 20? We really should be thinking about that and where we are going to go...I can follow you then.

Me: Yeah we will have to think about that for sure. Will you empty the silverware please?

Amelia: That is Ian's job.

Me: If you are going to follow me around forever you have to always empty my silverware.

Amelia: Oh..well fine.(she does it)....

SO now that the silverware is emptied and Ophelia's(her nickname) expectations are up...I am going to have to find a way to tell her that she can't be with me forever...noooooo....:) I know she'll grow out of it, but you would be suprised by the things she remembers and holds me to now...like she used to think she gets to pick my husband and make all the arrangements...that was a mess. She insisted on "working it out" with the certain young man and I freaked out...she ended up being very hurt that I had made her think that he decision was hers and she cried for 30 minutes.  For now, though it is nice to have a loving little sister who wants to follow you and never leave you forever and ever:) This post was for sure more interesting to me than to you...but I am flattered by Amelia's devotion and had to share. :)

3 comments:

  1. That's so cute!!!! Libbey's kinda like that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww that's so cute! Oh I miss you all!

    tara cm

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is cute:)She doesn't know how much I talk about her:) I miss you both very much!

    ReplyDelete