Monday, July 9, 2012

And So It Begins!!!!

  So yesterday we got our first REAL monsoon storm!  Some of us from church just sat in it getting soaked for a while..it was wonderful!  Then we went and played football...with about 4 on each team because not everyone loves the rain as much as we do. :)  (I thank Courtney for being our one loyal audience member..:))  So we were all slipping and sliding on the grass and the mud puddles with the football...this was by far the best day of the week ( I think I can safely say this even when I haven't experienced the rest of the days this week).  I'm going to share some of my favorite storm verses!  I am going to save the others for my future storm posts..yesssss, I'm sure there will be more. You all know how I am when storm season hits!! I just love the rain!!

As we in Arizona enjoy the rain, let's remember the power of the One who sends it!

Job 26:5-14
“The departed spirits tremble
Under the waters and their inhabitants.
  Naked is Sheol before Him,
And Abaddon has no covering.
 He stretches out the north over empty space
And hangs the earth on nothing.
 He wraps up the waters in His clouds,
And the cloud does not burst under them.
 He obscures the face of the full moon
And spreads His cloud over it.
 He has inscribed a circle on the surface of the waters
At the boundary of light and darkness.
 The pillars of heaven tremble
And are amazed at His rebuke.
 He quieted the sea with His power,
And by His understanding He shattered Rahab.
 By His breath the heavens are cleared;
His hand has pierced the fleeing serpent.
 Behold, these are the fringes of His ways;
And how faint a word we hear of Him!
But His mighty thunder, who can understand?”

P.S- I will try to get some good pictures of the storms soon.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the rain too! I so need to go outside and get soaked the next time it rains. Cheers for football in the monsoon!

    ReplyDelete