Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Camping

   I am totally cheating.  I shouldn't be able to copy and paste things that I have written a long time ago JUST so I have a blog post for today.  I am doing that, though.  I know I post a lot, but if I don't then I will stop all together!  So, until I get into steady and nicely timed blogging habits, you will have to hear from me more than you probably want to.  There, I've said my piece. 

Yes, I wrote this a while ago...it's the camping feeling! Does anyone know it? :)

      "Tall old plastic cup in hand, I walked across the dirt to the tent, the ice making a diluted hollow clink as I moved. I crawled in among the sea of pillows, blankets, and sleeping bags to my spot at the end of the tent. I lay down on my cool blankets, and then flipped my pillow over. The blue tent cast a strange light and I could see the shadows of trees swaying back and forth painting me in moving color.  All was peaceful. The wind pressed against the tent walls, stirred the leaves on the tree above me, and calmed my mind with its sounds.  The birds conversed sweetly with each other forming a tune of cheerful melody and contented harmony. I took a sip of my Arnold Palmer and closed my eyes as memories of previous camping trips danced in my mind and heightened my senses to the familiarities of the present one."

Okay, and I'm editing this post so I can include a video!  This is Ian eating Mr. Grasshopper's second leg.  I have to say, it was a very beautiful and vividly colored leg.  Ian's confidence was high at this point because I let him eat the first leg with a chocolate chip.  Leg # 2? No problem!  That's my brother! :) <3 He said he was pretending to be Bear from 'Man vs. Wild"...

No comments:

Post a Comment