Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Last Week in Phx...

 
So last week we were at the home school convention in Phoenix. It was so so so hot...I think 108. I am not even tolerant of the 90 degrees we get here in Flag. SO...the wretched heat made me more thankful that I don't live anywhere in AZ but Flagstaff.

I didn't take a single picture of the convention simply because we didn't bring our flimsy little camera...Plus what do you take pictures of at the convention? The booths? I think not...it is fun to walk around and all that and the speakers were great, but nothing extremely notable and visually exciting.

The key note speaker was Todd Wilson...he was awesome! He was so real and fun. Even though I am not homeschooling anyone at present, it was an encouragement to me. Also Steve Demme was there from MathUSee. He was great as well.

It was odd...there was this one girl there who has no idea I exist and that I know who she is..but I do. Creepy, I know. So I follow her blog and she follows my friend Holly's blog. Also my friend Haley follows her blog, but none of us know her. We actually I thought she was a friend of my Oakhurst friends and they thought she was my friend. She isn't. SO it remains a bit of a mystery as to how she lives so close to me and how she knows my friends and...all that. Yes, it was odd. I almost introduced myself to her, but Amelia was falling apart and making a show of herself because her toe hurt...as only Amelia knows how to do...I love her, but she is very dramatic when she wants to be. :) I was trying to make her stop while talking to all the various people who kept talking to me. Man, we know how to keep each other on our toes...So I didn't want to add another component to the little Gindorf freak-out session.

Also, there was an incredible storm followed by incredible gyros, followed by incredible traffic.

As we were heading back to Flag, the sky was changing and had this tornado-like hue of yellow, black, and purple. It was just plain odd. I'd never seen a sky so...so...freaky. I guess we have watched too much of the show "Storm Chasers" because we were all trying to find the various kinds of funnels that might have formed into a twister. Not to mention the crazy wind that Mum was putting up with as the driver of our large car. Then the lighting started and the wind got worse...plus we had to stop for dinner. We were still in Phoenix, by the way.

We went to this little Greek restaurant which we had been to once before. I got to eat one of their gyros...so.incredible. It's as good as food gets. People always mispronounce "gyro"....just take the "g" off and you've pretty much got it. :) So while we were eating, we were sent this incredible storm...trees were snapping in the parking lot, the rain was soaking anyone who stood in it longer than 3 seconds, the sky was black, the lighting was like a web the had captured us, and the thunder was deafening. aaannnnd..We were stuck in Phoenix. So we waited it out in the little Greek place for a while...then switched to the Starbucks next door...call me crazy, but I got a frappucino...it wasn't that cold.

So we decided the rain had lessened a little and we made our way out onto the freeway. WELL, there was an accident, apparently. There was no sign of one...but it nevertheless it took us 5 HOURS to get to Flagstaff...I almost fell asleep in church the next morning. There..that is your story for the day.

Ok, so yesterday I wished rain on someone...and guess what...it rained! The Sender sent us a nice black storm...I was at Bearpaw, though...and we had to get out of the pool. That's okay. So then some of us girls went to the mall. I was still soaked in my swimsuit. I needed a dress for the wedding we are going to, and I found one! Hoorah! Then we went to McDonalds and I got my traditional cone...it's cheap. ;) Then we walked BACK to the mall...I was still in my wet swimsuit. It was quite the day, I tell you!

Today...today I wished rain on someone else! Guess what! We are having this gigantic storm. The lighting struck REALLY close to our house...the thunder made me jump. Emma says her toes went numb, she jumped, AND her skirt ripped. My toes usually start aching when something scares me...weird, I know. Man, this thunder is HUGE...of course I can't really wish something on someone...it was more of a request to the Sender.


This picture is me...it is small, sorry. It says "And will you dance with me when the rain falls?"...I just saw it and liked it...I hope you do too!


This is me as well. I like to stand in the rain, did you know that? Heehee!

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about dancing in the rain"...heehee! Just not when there is an insane amount of lighting right outside your door!



So I think I'm caught up now! Thank you for reading Madeleine's Ramblings... :) Also I got to have a date with Dad this week. It was nice and we were sent another amazing sky...it was a rare one. 


TTFN!~Madeleine~

2 comments:

  1. That's all cool! Who's the girl you saw that we mutually all know? Grace? Serenity? I LOVE those pics of you!!!!! Miss you lots lylas sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was Serenity...yeah I wasn't about to introduce myself...all of us Gindorfs were acting up...it must have been the heat..haha! I miss you too and HAPPY BIRHTDAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete