Sunday, July 15, 2012

"A Piece of Monsoon #2", For Lack of a Better Name For It. (Oh I remember what I called it: A Monsoon Dome Personified)


  “Piece of Monsoon #1" Is really quite different from this one and no, you haven't missed anything. I didn't post that one; it is one I wrote months ago anyway. This little personification (P.O.M#2 aka M.D.P...I like to name stuff, can you tell?) is something I wrote on the 9th of this month. This is the type of thing I write all monsoon season. I am writing this post on the 14th and posting on the 15th.  So...here we are. I promised a couple of you that I would post something other than rambling...I'm not sure if this counts.

Don't laugh at my over-dramatic style of writing. :) (Excuse the grammatical errors!) Man, I can't believe I'm letting you read this...


"He crept up above them filled with power and passion...unbeknownst to most the show he would give this time. As he stretched across the last skyline the last bit of cheery sunbeam was suffocated and the city was covered in the eerie, vivid light he cast. The colors exploded against his dark ominous figure as he prepared to unleash himself. After this one-sided battle was finished and the power given to him was spent, the true colors of the city would flourish. His job for the Maker was one of might and awe......one that pointed to the heavens...one that was a great honor...one that was to be done well...one that revealed the power of the Maker Himself. The worker let himself go at the thought of his duty. Slowly, at first, then with a flash he began his work in full force. He let out a yell of strength causing surprise and jumping among those who he covered. Some of them ran out under him in thrill and thankfulness, receiving his display with thought of the One who sent him, while others took cover and watched from their cozy shelter. His gray self shook with awe at what was being done through him with his ardor...it was grander than even he thought it could be. After several hours of tremendous and overwhelming zeal, he lightened up and crept forward with a slightly withered, but still feverous sigh. The storm moved on and regular life resumed for the inhabitants of the city and many were thankful and consumed with awe...including the cloud."

  Ok, I couldn't imagine a girl storm dome...so I made it into a guy. Emilieeeeee.....I told you not to laugh (yes, Em, it came from that one notebook of mine)! This is seriously how I actually think about clouds. I just decided to write it down. Hope you were amused by this! Always give thought to God and how he sends the exquisite storms as tools that display his strength! You don't have to go run around in it like me, but do notice the grandeur and enjoy it!!! Also, if you aren't the sit-in-the-rain-for-fun type and you would rather be inside to watch it...drink coffee or hot cocoa.  That is one set back to being in the rain.  It just isn't the same if you suddenly want coffee, but refuse to go inside for it. :)

 Have you ever heard someone so opinionated about clouds...my goodness.

THE END.

7 comments:

  1. Well done Maddie! I love, love this. I feel the same way... Well, maybe not quite the same. I can't say I usually personify clouds in my mind, but I do talk to them sometimes (aka, "Please come this way! Please, please!). Anyhow, I'm definitely rejoicing in and thanking Jesus for the storms we've been getting these past several days. They're just positively blissful, are they not? Thanks for posting! If your notebook is filled with things like this, I wish you'd post more!

    Have a great week.

    ~Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, both of you! Yes, well I talk to everything...including the clouds. :) Yes, the storms have been just amazing! Yes, my notebook is filled with stuff like this. I will post more if I find anything shareable..heehee! A lot of it is weird, but I do have some stories that I have written for my sisters, so I will post those. Emma just informed me that I start my sentences with "yes" to much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait! Yes, I start too many sentences with the word "yes" as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very funny, Kiah. :) I will have to find some time to type my stories out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. NO I have never heard someone so opinionated about clouds but I am not one bit surprised that you are. I think you read me this when you last visited. I love your descriptions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, I wrote this one the day after our first real storm...(the "So it Begins" post). I'm glad you like it. :) You should post a couple of your writings Em!

    ReplyDelete